Sunday, September 12, 2021

JWR: I KNEW HE WANTED ME TO LIE

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau said he would “never” ask Jody Wilson-Raybould to lie, after an explosive book excerpt from the former Liberal cabinet minister alleged he wanted her to do just that.

In the book, Wilson-Raybould describes conversations she had with Trudeau about what would later become publicly known as the SNC-Lavalin affair.

“I could see the agitation visibly building in the Prime Minister. His mood was shifting. I remember seeing it. I remember feeling it. I had seen and felt this before on a few occasions, when he would get frustrated and angry. But this was different. He became strident and disputed everything I had said,” she said.

“He made it clear that everyone in his office was telling the truth and that I, and by extension Jessica Prince, my chief of staff, and others, were not. He told me I had not experienced what I said I did. He used the line that would later become public, that I had ‘experienced things differently.'”

No comments:

Post a Comment