Sunday, July 10, 2022

"I THINK YOU SHOULD STOP TALKING", JUDGE TELLS LAWYER

   The trial of a Montrealer accused of hate speech devolved Friday into a bizarre debate over whether the Nazis were responsible for the Holocaust.
   In court, the defense lawyer representing Gabriel Sohier Chaput, who is on trial on a charge of fomenting hate, insisted the Holocaust was merely an “economical solution.”
   “The Nazis didn’t originally intend to kill millions of Jews in concentration camps,” defense lawyer Hélène Poussard said in court. “It was a solution that someone close to Hitler came up with in order to save money. It was cheaper to gas these people than to (deport them). They were brought to camps to take their things, but the idea to gas them was strictly economical. That’s what I learned in school. What do you want me to say? I’m not trying to shock people, and maybe I’m wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment