Tuesday, March 29, 2022

A DETERMINED IGNORANCE

 Rex Murphy:  I find myself unable to make a determination, and it would be of most aid and relief if the wise and collected minds of National Post readers were to offer their help and judgment. Between two great follies, which is the sillier? That is my question. And let me go right to it.

I do not know which is more foolish: Earth Hour? Or, a female Supreme Court nominee who professes to not knowing what a woman is.

The answer to the latter question has been clear and untroubling to the mind of every toddler since the brighter of our progenitors scampered down from the trees and gave some thought to life on the plains. Even so far back that we were aeons away from the alphabet, and had not yet made up our minds about the wheel, darling two-year-old Neanderthals had settled the question of which of the two hulks by the fire was “Mommy,” and which one was “Daddy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment