Monday, December 27, 2021

ONTARIO & FLORIDA COULD NOT BE MORE DIFFERENT

  They’re uncanny, the differences between Florida and Ontario.
   While seniors and other people down here are enjoying normal freedoms, my mother is locked away in an Ontario retirement home.
   I noticed the difference – the logical easing of draconian restrictions – as soon as I crossed the border into the United States a month ago and started driving south. In most places where I stopped – from West Virginia to Charlotte, North Carolina to Savannah, Georgia – masks were not a must unless we took an Uber.
     As ridiculous as the measures were before I left Toronto, they have become outrageously draconian and cruel with the onset of the Omicron variant – a highly contagious strain of COVID that presents as mild in the vast majority of cases, particularly those who are fully vaccinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment